A family treasure, a beloved companion, or a historical & antique craft - a project worth pursuing
restoration and repair- getting back on the water
Whether it’s a family treasure, a beloved companion, or a historical and antique craft, great care is taken to reproduce the original style of craftsmanship and specifications in every restoration we do.
We pay close attention toward maintaining and preserving the form of detail that defines your canoe or boat as unique and special. Only authentic materials and techniques are used and our work will equal or exceed the original workmanship.
The types of traditional small wooden craft we work on span a wide range of construction styles such as wood canvas construction, lapstrake, and smoothskin.
Some of the more recognized builders we have worked on include Rushton, Peterborough, Lakefield, English, Herald, Rice Lake, Adirondack Guide Boats, Rangeley Lake Boats, St. Lawrence River skiffs, Sailing canoes, Penn Yan, Thompson, and of course all makes and models of wood and canvas canoes and boats by the likes of Old Town, Chestnut, Gerrish, Carleton, Robertson, Waltham, White, Morris, Etc.
How to have your canoe or boat restored by us:
- If you are interested in having us restore your wooden canoe or boat, the first step would be to Contact Us.
- Email us pictures of your canoe or boat in an upright position that best represents its current condition.
- We will be glad to answer all of your questions and provide you with all the necessary details.
- Canoes and boats can be arranged for delivery to our shop by common carrier if needed.
- All canoes and boats are stored inside at our facility before, during, and after restoration.
Visit our Restoration Gallery to see past restoration projects.
Visit our Shop Talk blog to read about and view images of current projects in our shop.